Règles maisons (English) Forum dédié au jeu de rôle 7ème Mer : univers, gamme, création
Modérateur : 7e Mer Team

TheFrenchDude

Règles maisons (English)

par TheFrenchDude » 13 sept. 2017, 19:38

House Rules

Avant Propos:
Hi all, my names is Nicolas Grison, I’m French, and I’ve been playing RPGs since 15 years. I wrote one (not published) and help create at least 2 others (with friends, not published too).

After some long read on the game, some test play, and some really annoyed look to the “unfinished” book of the 2nd edition of 7th sea, I decided to make some small changes in order to fill the blank in the gameplay and enjoy a bit more ruling the game.
I am still testing things, and they are not propositions of changes, but ideas you can take for your own games. Don’t hesitate to participate if you have some ideas or if you see things that are not working at all in your opinion.

Sorry for misspelling or other mistakes, I’m French after all and I try my best to write everything in proper English.
Death Spiral

Because all my changes are going to make people became helpless really fast, I give some extra wounds to Heroes.
5 wounds per dramatic wound. It is not much, but it is like 4 or 5 wounds more to take before becoming helpless. I’m still not sure it is enough … Duels are quite quick, but are they not in all books of the genre?
So I need to make a new character sheet. I do not like the present one, so I have some work to do to create a new one (and translate it in French too …)

Brute Squads

A Hero can only decrease Brute Squad’s strength with Raises. None of the duelist’s maneuvers can be used against them.
My main reason to do so, it is that brute squad are no longer relevant when you got a duelist. 10 men dead in 2 or 3 raises is ridiculous. I don’t like it. I do not want it. I want my player to fear the people. I want them to flee when an enraged mob engage them. I want them to feel the danger, the risks, the cost of fighting people who wants to kill you. This is my feeling, and this is a way to make a non-fighter relevant in combat against Brute Squads too.

Duelist

I use this for my duelist system:
https://www.reddit.com/r/7thSea/comment ... use_rules/
I love it and like a lot the different approaches a duelist can have to fight.

Common Maneuvers:Every duelist who takes either a Dueling Academy advantage or the Rogue Duelist advantage can use these maneuvers, representing a simple knowledge of offense and defense.

Slash: spend a raise to inflict wounds equal to weaponry/2. You may spend additional raises, at one wound per raise, as a non-duelist would.
Parry: Spend one raise to negate wounds inflicted upon you equal to weaponry/2. You may spend additional raises, negating one per raise, as a non-duelist would.

Basic Maneuvers: these are common among dueling schools. Each school may approach a maneuver differently, but the objective of each remains. Those marked with an asterisk (all but Feint and Bash) can only be used once per round.

Feint: inflict 1 wound; add your Finesse/2 to the wounds you next inflict on your target.
Bash: inflict 1 wound; subtract your Brawn/2 from the target's next dealt wounds.
*Lunge: spend all remaining raises; deal wounds equal to Raises + Weaponry/2.
*Riposte: prevent wounds equal to Weaponry, deal wounds equal to Wits/2. You can use it only 1 time per round.
*Bind: Spend a raise and deal one wound. The next action your opponent takes, they must spend an extra raise to do so, or else take wounds equal to your resolve/2.
*Tag: strike opponent harmlessly, spending a raise. On their next Risk made in the scene, they must drop their highest die from the pool.
*Flourish: deal one wound; on your next Risk this scene, any of your dice that are lower in value than your Panache are instead equal to your Panache.
*Disarm: spend raises equal to opponent's weaponry to disarm them. For a Hero point, end this maneuver holding their weapon. You can use it only 1 time per round.

Dueling Academy (5-point Advantage): You know Attack, Parry, and all eight basic maneuvers. Each school has an Advanced Technique, and a "Botte secrète" that is learned when a student’s training is complete. The advanced technique is always in effect; the Botte secrète requires a Hero Point.

For the Schools below, the listing is formatted thus, with the techniques first, the passive ability second, and the active, Hero-Point spending ability third. All */2 is round to up.

School Name (weapon used/required maneuvers)
Advanced Technique: (description)
Botte Secrete: (description)

Aldana (single rapier/Feint, Flourish)

Percussion: when using feint, following wounds are increased by Finesse/2 + Panache/2.
Dancer's Steps: activate to steal a raise from your opponent's risk pool at the beginning of a round.

Ambrogia (left handed Rapier & Dagger/Bash, Riposte)
Veronica's Twist: When you Parry or Riposte an opponent but still suffer wounds from their action, they suffer one wound.
Veronica’s Guile: Build your risk pool for a round using Finesse + Wits + Weaponry.

Boucher (two knives/Feint, Bind)
Flurry: add your ranks in Weaponry as raises to determine your actions, but you cannot spend these raises as actions.
Distract: Prevent opponent from using either the Parry or Riposte maneuver when you inflict wounds.

Donovan (longsword/Bind, Disarm)
Bulwark: Parry prevents wounds equal to Weaponry/2 + Resolve/2 against you or another within reach.
Interrupt: Act before an opponent when they have more raises than you.

Drexel (Zweihander/Bash, Lunge)
• Special, in that it has three changeable stances. Each round you may choose a stance, but to change within a round costs a raise to do.
Bittner: parry prevents Weaponry+Resolve wounds, but must spend two raises for attack or lunge.
Metzger: add raises to your pool equal to wits, but only for initiative. Must spend two raises to parry.
Gerbeck: lose 1 raise from risk pool; deal additional wounds with wounding maneuvers equal to Brawn/2.
Terrify: Give yourself a fear rating equal to your rank in weaponry for one round.

Eisenfaust (broadsword & panzerhand/Bind, Riposte)
Iron Reply: Riposte prevents wounds equal to Weaponry/2 + Resolve/2 and inflicts wounds equal to Brawn/2.
Iron Fist: Spend raise to take hold of and break and opponent's weapon.

Leegstra (two heavy weapons/Bash, Lunge)
Mighty Crash: attack maneuver inflicts wounds equal to Weaponry/2 + Brawn/2.
Steadfast: Prevent wounds equal to your resolve/2 without spending a Raise.

Mantovani (whip/Bash(Flay), Bind)
Flay: when using bash, deal wounds equal to Finesse/2, prevent equal to Weaponry/2.
Ensnare: Spend a raise to pull your opponent off their footing; deal 1 wound, and remove one raise from their pool as they recover.

Mireli (Sabres/Feint, Flourish)
Whirl: when dealing wounds to brute squads, Attack deals weaponry/2 + panache/2.
Mireli's Revision: when an opponent uses parry or riposte to prevent wounds from your attack, spend a hero point to instead "save" those wounds, adding them to your next wounding maneuver.

Sabat (heavy sabre/Lunge, Riposte)
Gambit: when you lunge, deal Weaponry/2+Raises+Finesse/2 in wounds.
Exchange: Use when you suffer wounds; force your opponent to suffer the same amount.

Torres (Rapier & Cloak/Flourish, Riposte)
Matador: When you use Parry or Riposte, prevent wounds equal to Wits + Athletics.
Bait: Use the Riposte maneuver, dealing wounds equal to Wits + the number of Wounds you prevent.

Valroux (Rapier & Dagger/Flourish, Tag)
Valroux Press: when facing multiple opponents, your slash deals one wound to an additional opponent other than your target. Against a single opponent, it deals the extra to them.
Dizzying Display: Eliminate from your opponent’s risk pool any dice showing lower than your Panache.

Duels

The duels in first blood are in first dramatic wound taken.
In every movies, books, or novel, even when you go for first blood, the protagonists are hurt and need medical attention. This way, we don’t have the “I lunge” first move to finish the duel in one strike.
New Advantages

Veteran (2pt): You learn Attack, Parry, and four other maneuvers (your school’s required ones, and two more). You gain access to the advanced technique of your school, but not the Botte Secrete. Upon completing a 2-step story, you may learn it, as well as the remaining four maneuvers. The steps usually involve locating a master of your style, and defeating them in a duel.

Dueling Student (3 pt): You learn Attack, Parry, and four other maneuvers (your school’s required ones, and two more). You gain access to the advanced technique of your school, but not the Botte Secrete. Upon completing a 2-step story, you may learn it, as well as the remaining four maneuvers. The steps usually involve locating a master of your style, and defeating them in a duel.

Gaucher or Left Handed (2 pt):
When you use a fencing weapon, you have 1 more die to you pool, but you have 1 die less to keep (+1k0 to your risk)

Faith (1pt): You aren’t sure what this was. You just have to have Faith.
GM Note: This is really up for interpretation, just like the first edition version of this. Do what you will, but options include Miracles (allowing the hero to spend a Hero Point to perform something amazing such as a feat of strength or healing), ignoring Fear, cancelling magic, or even gaining additional Hero Points for specific times or tasks.

Weapons

I change nothing for the moment. I want to try the “you can avoid a gunshot” rule because in a lot of cases, it will cost 2 raises.

Credits:
Thx to
http://www.7thsea2e.com/port/forum/new- ... advantages
https://www.reddit.com/r/7thSea/comment ... use_rules/